October 3, 2016 — Akismet, Jetpack, Disqus, all of these big companies are utilizing the cloud to deliver services through a plugin. Can a small WordPress development shop even attempt this? Yes, you can, and it’s not that hard to do. Heavy volume processing, shared data across clients, AI and big data are just some of the services you can more easily deliver through the cloud. In this talk I will cover some of the key concepts that you need to know to get started including:
* Identifying processing best delivered through cloud services
* Architecting a cloud service plugin
* Building a cloud service on Amazon with PHP/Apache
* Communication between your plugin and the Cloud Service
* Tips, volume metrics and other lessons learned in 4 years of supporting Artificial Intelligence and volume processing through a cloud service plugin
May 28, 2013 — Content curation can be a great way to overcome ‘content famine’. This presentation covers the elements of content curation and how its regular practice can build content for your site. An even bigger benefit is that regular content curation can lead you to feel more comfortable or become better at writing your own posts and articles from scratch.