October 1, 2015 — 3 tips to help web designers get the right content from clients. Some easy-to-use sites designers can refer their clients to, such as building infographics, images for their blogs, and topic ideas.
Jo will cover some of the following topics during her presentation:
– Why a pretty website isn’t enough.
– Providing content slows the web designer down.
– Content generating ideas.
– Content moving with the times – not static.
– Clients start off strong, then fade when novelty of being a blogger fades.
– Strategies and tips to help clients manage their content
– Ways web designers can help get the right content the first time.
– Repurposing existing content.
– Personality in content.
– Stories matter.
September 26, 2015 — A prospective client calls us wanting work – Yay! They get into complaining about their existing web developer. They’re a good dev, we know them. Where did it go wrong? Is the client crazy? This is a classic problem that happens the world over to web designers/developers. It causes us (and the clients) pain and stress.
Ben talks about this common problem and a few related questions.