March 26, 2014 — This session shares some practical tips and tricks learned while setting up multilingual sites.
* Quick tricks for installing WordPress language files on exisitng sites.
* How to deal with a plugin that has been internationalized, but is not localized for your language. (and do it so it’s upgrade proof)
* What to do when an internationalized plugin has no text domain.
* Some useful backend plugins for managing sites and language files.
* How to create splash pages for a language choice.
February 25, 2014 — ordPress is used all over the world, with versions supported in more than 70 languages. The polyglots team provides translations of the WordPress back-end, but what are the options for creating a multilingual website? Different solutions have been developed for creating websites that can display content in multiple languages but as yet no canonical method exists. In this double session, three developers will each present on their method for creating a multilingual WordPress website.
February 7, 2014 — People like to read and shop online in their native language Multilingual Websites boost traffic and sales. This presentation shows how to easily build and manage WordPress Multilingual Websites, including e-commerce sites.