October 21, 2020 — Anyone who has experience with WordPress Multisite knows how it works: Each site exists as a separate silo, and all content and tags stay within each particular site. But what if this compartmentalization didn’t have to be the case? What if the WordPress Taxonomy system could be used to create categories and tags that span across many sites? And what if related content from other sites in the network could surface no matter where in the network you happen to currently be? This talk will look at a plugin, developed at the Harvard School of Public Health, that does just this. It will discuss how this plugin allows many thousands of articles across the school’s some 2,000 websites to be tagged according to subject, indexed, and made easily available to users looking for further reading on any given topic. This system has wide, potential application for other settings in which WordPress Multisite is used.
November 18, 2019 — This will talk will cover the following keypoints about WordPress Multisite:
– The Basics: What is WordPress Multisite?
– The Pre-requisite: When do i need and How do i set-up a WordPress Multisite
– The Verdict: Pros and Cons of having a WordPress Multisite set-up
– The Action: Demo to set-up a WordPress Multisite
March 11, 2019 — A brief introduction to WordPress Multisite and its uses. I’ll share my experience in building and managing large Multisite networks to provide tips and tricks for all levels including:
– Overview of Multisite and features – minimum hosting requirements
– recommended free plugins
– creative ways to leverage Multisite
– advice on painless backups, development environments, and upgrades
– common pitfalls in coding for Multisite.
December 31, 2018 — If you are managing multiple WordPress sites, surely you must have felt the need to be able to manage them all from a single dashboard. WordPress has a solution – a multisite installation.