November 10, 2019 — This session will look at ways for making WordPress events more eco-friendly. Are we making our WordCamps and local Meetups as environmentally sustainable as possible? What can we as organisers and participants do to ensure our events are planned and delivered with sustainability at the heart? The principles discussed will equally apply to your other networks and work events.
Our speaker Abha Thakor is the co-lead of a cross team project on sustainability within the WordPress community. In this talk, she will highlight findings from ongoing research with WordCamps and Meetup event organisers and learning from commercial events. She will show how you can contribute to the creation of a sustainability toolkit and be a eco-champion.
October 8, 2016 — We’ll discuss tools that can help you create a sustainable business. I’ll touch on various tools and specifically detail how you can use automation to get over the hump by saving your time, nurture leads, and get more revenue.
October 10, 2015 — IN THIS TALK I WILL:
* Look at long-term sustainability issues for a WordPress blog
* List best practices for sustainable WordPress websites
* Describe solutions for individuals
* Describe solutions and business opportunities for hosting providers
* Survey how other Web2.0 platforms are approaching these issues, eg: Google’s “”Inactive Account Manager”” or Facebook’s “”Memorialization Request””