March 15, 2017 — 10 Step Guide to doing your own thing (with WordPress) I’ll share the 10 most important things I’ve learned since I started to use WordPress and the experiences faced in starting a WordPress-focused web development agency. I’ll share stuff on how focusing on a single path and managing your ideas, risks, fears and failures will make you better at what you do.
I’ll also include my own personal mantra about why I chose to go 100% WordPress, quite simply: “You’re either a genius or an idiot if you build your own CMS, choose wisely”. My hope is that everyone can take something away from this talk. In the spirit of open-source and WordPress I feel that we should always be open and share our career paths if only to inspire the next generation not to make the same mistakes!
January 4, 2015 — – How a WordCamp can change your life, twice
– How you could be lying to yourself
– From full time employment, to freelance, contractor, consultant and finally, agency – The beauty of the WordPress ecosystem + why WordPress
– WordPress naysayers and how to shut them up
– Starting Make Do, the mistakes we made
– More mistakes, damn we made so many
– How we work as a team
– The tools we use to work remotely
– Why you don’t need an office
– Working with clients/customers
– How you can do this
– How to go it alone, the options to choose from
– Friends, enemies & competition