May 8, 2021 — Vanessa Martínez: ¡Adiós bloqueo! Bienvenidas ideas de contenidos brillantes
November 9, 2020 — Diseña la estructura ideal de contenido para tus usuarios y para los buscadores, utilizando Páginas Pilares, temas y subtemas en los distintos formatos de contenido en tu sitio web con WordPress.
July 8, 2020 — Do you want to use online opportunities like the one WordPress gives you as a growth tool? This talk shares five areas of publishing regular content to achieve your personal or career goals.
November 18, 2019 — Il dilemma che affligge la maggior parte delle persone che scrivono contenuti e che li pubblicano sul loro sito, più o meno suona in questo modo:
– Come mai i miei post non si posizionano bene su Google?
– Con il mio intervento vorrei mostrare in che maniera è possibile posizionarsi su Google nel 2019 in modo duraturo, con contenuti ad hoc sfruttando al massimo le potenzialità che WordPress mette a disposizione.
November 10, 2019
February 7, 2019 — A new age of WordPress is upon us, and a better way to create and distribute rich content has (finally) arrived.
For far too long, WordPress content has been encapsulated within a box, having to rely on shortcodes, TinyMCE plugins and other hacks in order to create captivating experiences.
Now, with Gutenberg and WordPress 5.0, all of this changes. No longer are content creators required to conform to the limitations of the box; instead, these writers now have a blank canvas on which to explore their ideas as they create content, much the same way a painter ideates through a masterpiece.
January 23, 2019 — In this talk Nakeesha will speak about format and tips for writers developing content for the web. Her talk with focus on creation of interesting thought provoking content in an easily digestible format for the web reader. A discussion regarding the best strategies for increasing the popularity of post and utilizing writing as a marketing tool will be included.
May 16, 2018 — In this talk I’ll give a demo of the new editor, explain what’s about to change and reflect on the opportunities and risks this entails.
After this talk, you will have a better understanding of…
– how the process of content creation in WordPress is going to change.
– what could break if you have plugins installed which add functionality to the post edit screen.
– the potential (business) opportunities related to the big changes that are coming.
April 24, 2018 — In 5 years of creating content on my WordPress website I’ve seen it all.
During the first 2 years I wasted time and energy to write blogs no one would read. Then I found my inspiration, my path, my content strategy – and in the last 3 years website traffic has risen from 0 to 15,000+ users per week. Now my blog is my only source of sales leads.
In this presentation, I’ll first and foremost describe what mistakes I made (what about saving 2 years of your life?) and then I’ll proceed to list the “10 Commandments of Content Marketing” – 10 simple tips you can take away to increase your website traffic and focus on the only purpose of content marketing: teaching.
In the final part of the talk, each commandment will be “translated” into WordPress. I will recommend plugins and WordPress strategies to implement the whole system – in fact, I’d consider this a failure unless you go back to your office and take action!
December 10, 2017 — In my more than two years serving as the content creator for WooCommerce, I wrote 200 posts, responded to over 600 comments, and literally wore out an Macbook keyboard to the point of failure. (Eat your heart out, George R.R. Martin.)
I’ve learned three valuable lessons while writing for a business of Woo’s size that I’d like to share:
1. Never, ever fully commit to a publish date if you can help it — people get sick, writers don’t deliver, and unexpected things will happen.
2. Commenters are going to test your patience — always be kind, always think of their intent, and look for the gems (the funny ones/the helpers).
3. Writing content for a business is not easy, but it is rewarding. Lots of examples to share here: people recognizing/thanking me at WordCamps, getting comments weeks later saying “I did this and it worked!” and knowing you’re making it easier for someone to succeed.