July 6, 2017
I’ll explain what a custom post type is and how you can use them the with the plugin called “WP-Views” to create a specific layout of content for your client.
Points of emphasis:
1. What is a custom post type and why would you use one?
2. Advantages of customizing WordPress layouts.
3. Explain by example, how to customize a site by mocking a basic page up with some styling.
4. Emphasize how this can help separate yourself from others who just use what is available in the theme or plugins. A web designer/developer can give the client EXACTLY what they want. (Well, most of the time.)
5. Discuss simplifying the publishing process for the client.
6. No PHP experience needed