December 31, 2019
Extending WordPress above and beyond the core functionality is part of what makes WordPress so powerful. However, the sheer number of plugins available can be overwhelming. A strategy for evaluating plugins makes both developing managing WordPress easier. In this presentation, attendees will learn:
• Strategies and tools for evaluating one plugin over another
• Key factors to consider
• Evaluation tools
• Paid plugins versus free: do you get what you paid for?
• Managing plugins and updates
• Evaluating plugin security:
• How to research plugin security history
• Identify functionality that may be risky
Attendees will also receive a plugin evaluation checklist they can take home to help choose plugins that fit their project’s objectives.