November 18, 2019 — In this workshop, we’ll be looking at tweaking a homepage with the newest CSS3 trends. We’ll also focus on using custom classes for blocks that you want to stand out. Contrary to the other Extreme Makeover, we cannot guarantee tears of joy.
This is a workshop and we’ll all be using the same homepage so please make sure you have Stylus (browser extension for Opera, Firefox or Chrome) installed.
1. Szablony stron w HTML5 i CSS3 – inne podejście
2. Przygotowanie danych do serwowania (REST API, cache, WordPress tylko jako narzędzie do edycji)
3. Renderowanie GUI po stronie klienta zamiast po stronie serwera
4. Wykorzystanie wspólnych szablonów HTML: zarówno po stronie klienta jak i serwera (w niektórych przypadkach)
5. Rezygnacja z nadmiarowych frameworków oraz bibliotek (jquery) – podejście Vanilla JS
January 16, 2016 — In my travels, I have discovered that there is not much documentation on using CSS3 specifically in WordPress. While not many of the new CSS3 modules have reached official recommendation by the W3C, support is very good across all of the latest browsers.
This session will aim to inform, enlighten, and delight attendees with the right way to include CSS in your WordPress theme using child themes or a plugin such as Jetpack, and we will also cover some of the best new features of CSS3 that you can put to work right away.You should have a basic understanding of HTML and some familiarity with CSS.
– Use the Chrome Inspector to inspect HTML and CSS of existing pages
– Create a child theme and add your own CSS to it
– Install a plugin to add custom CSS to your theme
– Enqueue your own stylesheet the proper way in functions.php
– Use the new CSS3 features to create gradients and animations on your site
– Use the new color specifications to specify colors of elements on your page
January 15, 2016 — There is not much documentation on using CSS3 in WordPress, and while not many of the new CSS3 modules have reached official recommendation by the W3C, support is very good across all of the latest browsers. This session will aim to inform, enlighten, and delight attendees with the right way to include CSS in your WordPress theme using child themes or a plugin such as Jetpack, and we will also cover some of the best new features of CSS3 that you can put to work right away.
October 9, 2015 — Every web designer should know how to build a responsive website using some fancy CSS3 features. But dealing with different browsers and with constantly changing clients request can be a huge hassle.
This introduction session will give you a brief overview over the features of SASS. You will learn how to utilize SASS to speed up your development and handle those clients’ requests with ease.
May 15, 2015 — This presentation takes you through the process of building a theme from scratch with what is arguably the best starter theme available: _s (Underscores). The presentation looks at design and development decisions and principles including mobile-first, accessibility, responsive design, and information architecture, and takes a deep dive into the structure of the Underscores theme to show the audience how to build a theme from the ground up to become what you envisioned and more.
September 27, 2011