December 8, 2017 — In the summer of 2016, I upgraded the WordPress.org support forums
from bbPress 1 to bbPress 2.x. This talk will be done as an interview
conducted by Mika Epstein.
It will cover the following topics:
– Getting the lay of the land; figure out storage, destination,
sandbox, meta environment.
– Formulating goals: Minimize downtime, clean import, remove spam/dead
topics when possible.
– MVP in terms of forum functionality.
– Native bbPress importer versus direct SQL script.
– Community support and notification.
– Staging and testing on live sites.
– 10x rule for new problems: memory leaks, multibyte language character count
truncation, different slug lengths between schemas, saturated postmeta queries.
– Planned downtime.
– WSOD disaster two days before the scheduled changeover at 95% data load.
July 29, 2016 — みなさんはWordPress日本語フォーラムを活用していますか？
November 19, 2015 — Intervista fatta a Andrea Gandino al primo «WordPress Contributor Day» italiano, organizzato dalla «Italia WP Community» a Milano il 7 novembre del 2015. #wpcdit
November 6, 2014 — Want to be part of the community? Want to learn how you, YES YOU can give back to the WordPress community at large, even if you don’t know how to code?
Follow my journey from mild mannered homeschooling housewife, to well known community member who now works for a leading company in the WordPress ecosystem. Best part? I’ve done it all in my jammies.
October 31, 2014 — New to the world of WordPress? Wondering how best to jump in? Intimidated by all the stuff you “don’t know”? Come join the party for an action-packed flash talk covering LOADS of goodies including: simple steps to getting involved, experience-based insights for developing your skills, plenty of useful resources for your bookmarks tab, and lots more. The talk will also cover some of my own adventures in WordPress land, including some of the projects, plugins, and people I’ve been involved with. So if you’re newer to the WordPress community and want to up your game (build a plugin, code a theme, get involved, etc), come join us!