June 26, 2020 — Learn about the WordPress REST API, and how to use it to make forms and pages that don’t need to reload. This talk includes stepping through the build of a small WordPress REST API site.
January 23, 2019 — Just prior to WordCamp US 2017 I had the fun idea of creating an interactive bingo board for all of the fun and unique things that we regularly observe within our community. I was able to knock together the original concept after just a couple of hours thanks to utility provided by View and tailwind. Later I connected it to WordPress via the rest API so that I could more easily manage each of the squares available in the data set.
Here’s the specific list of the things you can expect to learn during this presentation:
* Why I chose Vue instead of React for this particular project
* Some of the neat things that Vue provides to us as developers (Vue.js 101)
* How to utilize local storage for resilience against connectivity issues and unintended browser refreshes
* The benefits of utility-based CSS classes
* How to register custom rest API endpoints
* Handling API authentication without regular users
* How you too can totally disrupt the State of the Word address
October 22, 2018 — Web media paysite development with WP REST API and React
WordPress で運用されているとある大手出版社の有料 Web メディアに副業エンジニアとして参画し、リモートで開発を続ける様子を、WP REST API + React の事例を含め、リモート開発に使用しているツールや運用改善などをご紹介しようと思います。
November 11, 2017 — In his talk about WordPress REST API, Tomislav will give us some real life examples on how to connect mobile applications to WordPress to get the best of both worlds. With WP REST API WordPress became fully-featured application platform and it opened itself up to every other application and development environment on Earth.
October 11, 2017 — WordPress 4.7 introduced the content endpoints for the REST API. This grants access to built in content like posts, pages and categories. However, the power in WordPress often lies in plugins and custom content.
In this talk Timothy Jacobs will explore how you can extend the WordPress REST API to access custom post types, custom taxonomies, metadata and custom fields. He’ll also touch on building completely custom endpoints using the built-in framework introduced in WordPress 4.7.
Intended Audience Type: Developer
Intended Audience Experience: Beginner developer with some experience with CPTs (custom post types) and meta boxes
May 16, 2017 — Cómo programar Endpoints seguros, mejorar la seguridad de nuestra red al crear nuestra propia REST API. Usar la seguridad ya establecida de la WP-REST-API, Oauth1, Oauth2 o a través de las cabeceras.
December 2, 2016 — The talk will be for beginner to novice programmers and front-end people I’d say. The following topics will be covered:
– What is the WP REST API?
– Examples of the WP REST API in the wild
– Using the REST API in a WordPress front-end
– Using the REST API in the WordPress backend
– A decoupled App built with the REST API
– Extending the REST API
– Thoughts on the future of WordPress with the REST API
October 31, 2016 — Detailed steps to build custom JSON API endpoints using WordPress REST API for your next WordPress site.