June 6, 2017
Alain is a freelance software engineer and WordPress consultant.
In his talk he presents a case study of wrapping a legacy WordPress site into a scalable architecture, using a combination of existing and custom packages, that provides the following benefits:
– services architecture that lets plugins define their dependencies, with automatically resolved loading order
– auto-wiring dependency injection that allows coding against interfaces instead of implementations
– configuration management that can account for differences in environments
– centralized logging throughout the entire site that can be sent to logging servers
– bus system that handles events and commands without blocking the frontend
– all of this without any noticeable impact on content editors
July 31, 2018 at 2:52 am |
Thanks for your talk!
I love the way you use composer with WPStarter. It makes the site structure very clear. I’d love to see link to the “message bus” implementation. It’s quite new to me.