February 15, 2018
There is a hype surrounding the WordPress REST API these days. People focus on how it will change the future of WordPress, allow developers to expand the range of projects they can build, make WordPress popular outside its own bubble.
What we rarely talk about are the challenges presented by the REST API
This talk focuses on the challenges. It’s a short guide to the WordPress REST API from a non-developer perspective – what is it, how it will change WordPress development, combined with some thoughts on the impact it will have on projects created with WordPress and the people creating them.
– cover some of the hype around the REST API
– look at what REST is
– look at APIs more generally and how they enable applications to interact with one another
– look at how the REST API will impact WordPress development. I’ll cover different ways that people are using it
– for example custom admins and as a headless CMS
– look at the impact that the REST API will have on WordPress businesses