March 19, 2020
How much time do you spend reading code versus writing code? The answer may surprise you…
Most of a developer’s time is actually *not* spent writing code, yet _how_ we write code – and the decisions we make throughout the process – are paramount in the development process. Give me just 30 minutes and I’ll show you how writing code slowly and intentionally actually made me faster and more profitable. Better yet, I can teach you how to do the same.
What we’ll cover:
– Developer mindset and solving problems
– What makes formatting so important
– Adopting and following standards
– How and why to write expressive code
– Building better functions
– Leveraging comments, and writing them better
– The power and benefits of incremental improvement
– Getting faster by moving slower
This presentation is for anyone who aspires to write clean, functional code. Whether you’re just getting started, or you’ve been programming for years, you’ll leave better equipped and inspired to write beautiful & useful code than when you entered.
Working in code should be a delightful experience, so let me help you make it pleasant and enjoyable!